Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Decision is Made

The past 15 months provided some of the most challenging of my 30 years.  I experienced somewhat of an identity crisis.  Most of my teen years were spent dreaming of one adventure or another, all things I supposed it would take a life time to accomplish.  Ever the over achiever, It only took me a mere decade to blow through them.  This left me with the question, "Now what?" resounding in my mind.

My entire life changed in May 2010.  Blog posts over the past months reveal some of the struggles this latest path of the adventure called my life have brought.  I've struggled to look deeper into myself, my relationship with God, my relationship with my family and friends in attempt to find the answers to the resounding question. 

Through all of this digging and searching I discovered that one of my biggest dreams has not yet been attempted.  This dream is one of the most scary for me to attempt because of the colossal leap it will require.  In order to do this, I will have to run and jump off of a cliff with the faith that I will fly.  Through all of this self-searching I have also discovered that the previous decade provided me the confidence to know that I can do it.  My mother has told me for years that the problem with me has never been a question of possibility, but rather a question of desire.  There are very few things that I have not accomplished once making up my mind that I wanted to do it. 

I have at last settled on where to channel my proverbial "want to".  One of my greatest desires since I was a young teen has been to be a missionary in Southern Germany, which morphed into a desire to teach English.  Well my friends, after much prayer I have decided to do it!  Do not get terribly excited yet as I will not jump on a plane tomorrow.  However, I have a plan of action! 

The end of October I will relocate to Wichita Falls, where I intend to live for approximately one year.  During this time I will work as much as possible while studying to get my TESOL certification, enhance my German speaking abilities, and make preparations to move to Germany.  All of the details will fall into place as the time is right.  I have such peace in my spirit and soul since reaching this decision, or giving into it seems more appropriate. 

A dear friend compared my journey over the past months to that of the book Hinds Feet on High Places written by Hannah Hurnard.  I was amused when she made this comparison because it happens to be one of my favorite books.  I am in the process of rereading it once more, and recommend it for any of you.

I feel once again that my life has a direction.  The out of body experience the last 15 months has been is over at last, and I feel like myself once more.  Stay tuned for further details as they unveil. 

THIS IS THE GREAT ADVENTURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment