Saturday, January 1, 2011

I hate falling

No, I'm not afraid of heights.  I merely hate the feeling of falling.  The landing part usually is not the best of experiences either, come to think of it.  After much contemplation, I realized part of the reason I do not like the feeling of falling because there is no way for me to control the situation.  What am I supposed to grab onto to change the situation?  Air?!  That does not work so effectively.

My description for 2010 is a year of falling.  The first 5 months were the run to the cliff of the month of May, and my life shifted in a dramatic way.  I jumped off of a cliff, and feel like I've been falling for the last 6 months.  As a falling person will flail their arms and legs in attempt to right their situation, I have not always gracefully handled the drastic changes.  The last 6 months seem to have flown past me just like the landscape does when falling from Dungeon Drop or some other dropper-coaster.  (Yes, these are my LEAST favorite of all rides!) 

The final evening of 2010 was something akin to landing.  I was the worst kind of mess.  Bruises, scrapes, bumps, and breaks decorated my mental, emotional, and spiritual bodies.  It was quite possibly the worst day of the entire year.  Thankfully, someone came to my rescue and acted as my soul's paramedic!  My sister is a nurse in more ways than just her profession.  The gift of her life remains one of the most precious gifts ever given to me.  She cleaned my wounds, patched me up, and sent me to bed.

As always seems to be the case, I felt so much better in the morning!  Yes, the injuries are still there, but they are healing.  The balm of love restores breaks.  The salve of encouragement soothes scrapes.  The ointment of belief shrinks bumps.  The liniment of care erases the pain of bruises.  Often in merely being ourselves we touch others in ways that we never fully understand.  So, my friends, I challenge you to truly be yourself in 2011.  Touch the world around you in a way that only you can. 

2 comments:

  1. Another great post by a great writer. You always write from the heart and soul and that is the true nature of a writer. Thank you for sharing so openly with us your hurts and pains and that you are working on healing. Love you and hope you have a fantastic 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No more falling! From now forward you will soar! Happy 2011 to you!

    ReplyDelete