Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Power of Children's Songs

Change is my least favorite feeling in the world, but confusion runs a very close second.  Various announcements about things going on in my friends' lives over the past few days have left me asking questions.  The resounding questions are the ones that will ever remain rhetorical.

Leading the pack is "Are you kidding me?" question.  Then, follows the "What can I do/How can I help?" inquiry.  Then comes, "Why, Lord?" the grandfather of them all, and the one which most frequently remains unanswered.  Maturity taught me that I do not always have to have the answers, and that is acceptable.  

So, here I am asking these questions all over again.  "I just don't get it," resounds in my mind like an echo in a canyon.  I do not have the answers, but I have the comfort of knowing that I do not have to.  Selfishly I change the childhood song to, "He's got MY whole world in His hands," and somewhere a valve is opened that releases all of the emotions I dislike to be overtaken by a feeling of security.

He's got YOUR whole world in His hands too!

No comments:

Post a Comment